SUPER Chai Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
Print this recipe
Vegan muffins, packed with delicious healthy goodness! Based on a recipe originally found on lunchboxbunch.com, Taylor swapped in Arbor Teas Organic Masala Chai Black Tea to create a new, SUPER chai muffin!
1 1/4 cups rolled oats 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp white flour, organic
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp sugar, organic
1/3 cup applesauce, unsweetened
3/4 cup pumpkin puree, unsweetened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
1 tsp vegetable oil (optional)
1/4 cup sliced almonds (or any nuts)
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen + thawed)
1/2 cup strongly brewed Organic Masala Chai Black Tea
1 tsp chia seeds + 1 tsp flax seeds (or just use one variety)
Makes 12 small muffins.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line or grease muffin cups.
2. Boil 1/2 cup water. Steep 2-3 tsp Organic Masala Chai Black Tea in the water for 5 minutes. Strain out tea leaves. Then add the chia + flax seeds to the tea. Stir well and set aside for a few minutes.
3. Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add in the wet ingredients. Stir well - batter will be very thick at this point.
5. Fold in the tea + seeds to loosen the batter.
6. Fold in the berries and nuts.
7. Pour batter in muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees for about 18-22 minutes - a bit longer if you use very frozen blueberries.
Based on recipe originally found on lunchboxbunch.com
Recipe by: Taylor Shaw