Arbor Teas is a contestant for the Intuit $25,000 Small Business Grant! This contest runs through the end of January 2012 and the winner receives a $25,000 hiring grant. The more votes we receive the greater our chance of winning. So take a moment to vote for us and tell Intuit why you love Arbor Teas!
Powered by Love a Local Business.
January 25 2012 | Miscellaneous | No Comments »
Monday, January 23, 2012 marks the beginning of the Chinese New Year. Celebrate the Chinese New Year by trying a new Chinese Tea! China is the birthplace of tea, from which all traditional styles of tea originate: white, green, black, oolong and pu-erh. To celebrate, we have selected one Chinese tea from each style and are offering it at 10% off! Simply input the coupon code below during checkout. Offer expires January 31, 2012 or while supplies last.
COUPON CODE: ChineseNewYear
10% off the following teas:
Organic Special Grade Pu-erh Tea
Organic Huang Shan Hair Tip Green Tea
Organic Wu Yi Oolong Tea
Organic Keemun Hao A Black Tea
Organic Bai Mu Dan White Tea
January 23 2012 | Miscellaneous | No Comments »
Arbor Teas will be closed for the Holidays, Dec 24, 2011 – Jan 2, 2012.
We will continue to accept orders via arborteas.com, but no shipments will be made during this time. All orders placed during this time frame will be promptly shipped beginning January 4.
Free Delivery in Ann Arbor will resume on Friday, January 6.
Wishing Everyone a Very Merry Holiday and Happy New Year!
December 23 2011 | Uncategorized | No Comments »
Did you know that your favorite tea company was included in TreeHugger’s 2011 Green Gift Guide?! TreeHugger is one of the nation’s leading media outlets that is dedicated to driving sustainability mainstream. We are thrilled to be included in their 2011 Green Gift Guide!
December 20 2011 | Media | No Comments »
Olivia May at From the Kitchen of Olivia brings us another terrific Cooking with Tea Recipe!
Over the final few weeks of her CSA share, Olivia built up quite a collection of red peppers. Both hot varieties (Krimzon Lee, Serrano, Jalapeno, Shishito) and sweet bells (Apple Pimento, Carmen, Red Knight Bell) were filling up the crisper until enough accumulated to make this relish.
Sweet with piquant heat and spiced just so with orange, cinnamon, and clove using Arbor Teas Organic Holiday Spice Black Tea, this ruby-toned relish makes a useful condiment to have on hand to dress up holiday meals or to gift away to friends this season. Or use it to top a soft cheese and crackers for a quick snack or appetizer, mix with ketchup for a fancy chili dipping sauce, or dollop over your take-out ramen bowl to add a festive touch.
Check out the full recipe for Holiday Spice-y Red Pepper Relish.
December 08 2011 | Cooking with Tea | No Comments »
We are thrilled to announce the addition of two new organic decaf teas to our catalog. Just in time for the holidays!
New Organic Decaf Teas
Organic certified decaffeinated teas are a rarity in the organic tea market. They are difficult to procure and expensive to produce. Our organic decaf teas are some of our top selling teas and we constantly get requests to add more, add more…. so we did!
The newest additions to our decaf tea catalog are:
November 30 2011 | Products | No Comments »
Happy (almost) Thanksgiving everyone! When I think of Thanksgiving, I think of pumpkin pie! I tried spicing up my pumpkin pie this year by adding Masala Chai Black Tea to my pumpkin pie filling. The result was a pumpkin custard that had a richer, deeper spice flavor, and a sugary sweet top. Terrific! I used this recipe to create pumpkin pie custard and served it in individual ramekins. But, the custard can be baked in one large dish or poured into your favorite pre-baked pie crust to create the perfect pumpkin pie. Check out my full recipe for Masala Chai Pumpkin Pie.
November 15 2011 | Cooking with Tea | No Comments »
We are delighted to re-introduce our seasonal favorites — the ever-popular Organic Holiday Spice Black Tea and one-of-a-kind Tea-Infused Chocolate Truffles! Only available for the holiday season, these treats are always a hit – add them to your wish list or give as a gift!
Organic Holiday Spice Black Tea
A perennial favorite for the holiday season (and only sold in November and December), our organic and Fair Trade Certified Holiday Spice Black Tea pairs bold organic Indian tea with generous doses of orange, cinnamon and clove flavor! Despite the generous flavoring, the brisk and coppery qualities of the black tea really come through. Like all of our flavored blends, our Holiday Spice Black Tea uses only the highest quality organic loose leaf tea, essential oils and botanical ingredients, insuring an excellent cup every time!
Don’t just take our word for it! “I ordered several of the sample packs of this tea to distribute as Christmas gifts at work. When I opened the box my house immediately smelled like Christmas! My husband and I lasted about a half an hour before we *had* to break into one of the packs and try it. It was even better than it smelled – I’m so glad that continue reading »
November 09 2011 | Products | No Comments »
We are delighted to introduce three new green teas to our tea selection. Each from a different origin, these organic and Fair Trade Certified green teas expand our green tea selection into two new countries and offer a wider variety of flavor profiles for our green teas lovers!
Organic Five Peaks Green Dew Green Tea
With dark green, needle-like leaves that are finely rolled, this Chinese organic and Fair Trade Certified tea has a light-bodied brew with low astringency, a slight sweetness, a kelp-like vegetal quality and a lingering, pleasant aftertaste. For those of you who remember our Jing Mai Green Tea, this Organic Five Peaks Green Dew Green Tea is the closest equivalent we have found! It is also a nice alternative for those looking to replace a Japanese Green Tea with one from a new origin.
Organic Idulgashinna Estate Ceylon Green Tea
A balanced cup for all green tea drinkers, our organic and Fair Trade Certified green tea from the Indulgashinna Estate in Sri Lanka is not too vegetal and not too fruity. Manufactured in the Uva region in eastern Sri Lanka, our Organic Idulgashinna Estate Ceylon Green Tea is from one of the well-known Staasen group of plantations, about 3300-6500 feet in elevation. It withstands multiple infusions quite well and has a pleasant sweet note with a clean finish.
Organic Makaibari Estate Green Tea
This Fair Trade Certified organic green tea is another example of the wonderful offerings coming out of the Makaibari Estate in India. Biodynamically farmed in India’s Darjeeling district, the Organic Makaibari Estate Green Tea exhibits many of the same qualities as the black teas of this region, but with an unoxidized leaf. The varying leaf colors (ranging from green to brown to white) produce an easy-to-drink cup that exhibit slight lemony, vegetal and earthy qualities akin to other Darjeeling teas.
November 01 2011 | Organics and Products | No Comments »
If you are a returning customer and logging into the new Arbor Teas website for the first time, here is a step-by-step guide to make your initial login easy!
Returning customers must create a new password during their initial login on the new ArborTeas.com. We know this is a bit of a pain and we’re sorry! Unfortunately, we were unable to move our customer’s old passwords to our new system. As a result, our new system thinks the old passwords are invalid.
Follow the steps below to login and immediately earn 100 rewards points as our way of saying “thanks”!
- Click on the Log In button. First, click on the “Log In” button located at the top right hand side of the Arbor Teas website.
- Click on the Forgot Password link. Next, click on the “Forgot your Password” link. Unfortunately, we were not able to migrate your old password to the new website. We know that you really didn’t forget your password – but this is the method by which you have to get a new password that works on the new website.
- Input your email address. After you click on the “Forgot your Password” link, input the email address that you use with your Arbor Teas account. Click the continue button.
- Check your Email. After you input your email address and click the continue button, check your email. An email will be sent to you with a link included in the email. Click on the link included in that email. When you click on the link, you are verifying that you are you and it will open a new window displaying the Arbor Teas login page. You are almost done, but you can’t login just yet!
- Check your Email Again. After you click on the link in the previous email, a second email will be sent to you that includes a new password. This is the password you will now use to login into your Arbor Teas account.
- Login. Go back to the Arbor Teas login page and input the email address you inputted in step #3 and the password sent to you in step #5. If you cut and paste your password from your email into the login screen, be careful not to accidentally grab an extra space at the beginning or end of your password. If you grab an extra space, our system will read your password as inaccurate. Either type in your password verbatim or be sure not to grab an extra space.
- Change your password. Once you are logged in, you will earn 100 rewards points as our way of saying “Thank You”! After you login, we recommend that you navigate to the “Account Details” section to change your password back to your old password or change it to something that you will easily remember.
October 24 2011 | Miscellaneous and Uncategorized | No Comments »
« Prev - Next »