Global Organic AlliancePossibly our biggest commitment to sustainability is our decision to only source and sell organic teas and herbs. We believe organic agriculture is more sustainable for all living things, for our air, and for our water. Our operation is certified organic by Global Organic Alliance, so our customers can rest assured that the organic integrity of our teas and herbs have been preserved from crop to cup. Global Organic Alliance based in Ohio, was established in 1997 and maintains ISO 17065 and USDA & Canada accreditation.
For more information on our commitment to organics, visit our Organics page.
CarbonFund.orgWe’ve taken a number of steps to minimize our contribution to global climate change, like offering exclusively organic teas, prioritizing sea freight for overseas shipments, powering our facility with solar panels, using backyard compostable packaging, and supporting green energy. Despite these actions, our business continues to generate a certain amount of carbon emissions that we just can’t avoid (yet).
Until we can eliminate these carbon emissions entirely, we’ve teamed up with CarbonFund.org to offset them by promoting green energy, energy efficiency, and reforestation. We agree wholeheartedly with Carbon Fund’s motto:
"Reduce what you can, offset what you can’t."
For more information about carbon offsetting, visit www.CarbonFund.org.
Fair Trade USAWe believe that we have a responsibility to support a higher standard of living and a sustainable future for the individuals who bring us our products. For this reason, Arbor Teas has committed itself to offering one of the widest selections of Fair Trade Certified® loose leaf teas available, and we celebrate the Fair Trade Certified® Communities from which they originate.
Fair Trade Certification verifies and acknowledges the commitment of these producers to meeting internationally recognized Fair Trade standards, which include:
- Wages that meet or exceed legally established minimums
- Absence of forced or child labor
- Freedom of association and organization
- Safe working conditions, including protection from exposure to harmful agrochemicals
- Adherence to national and international labor protections, including those established by the International Labor Organization of the United Nations and, in India, by the Plantation Labor Act
Green AmericaArbor Teas is a gold member of Green America's Green Business Network! The Green Business Network is the green business program of Green America, the nation's leading non-profit educator on socially and environmentally responsible consumption and investing. Green America’s mission is to harness economic power—the strength of consumers, businesses and the marketplace—to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society. Companies are only eligible for membership in the Green Business Network™ if they are found to be:
- Using business as a tool for social change
- "Values-driven," not simply profit-driven
- Socially and environmentally responsible in the way they source, manufacture, and market their products, and run their offices and factories
- Committed to and employing extraordinary and innovative practices that benefit workers, communities, customers, and the environment.