Minty Simple Syrup
A delicious mint-infused simple syrup that will elevate your everyday iced tea and get you ready for Derby Day mint juleps!
Makes ~3 cups syrup
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- Organic Peppermint to taste (at least one small handful of dried leaves or ¼ cup of Arbor Teas Organic Peppermint)
- Bring 2 cups of cold water to a boil. Stir in 2 cups sugar. Reduce heat to low and stir continuously until the sugar dissolves.
- After the sugar has completely dissolved, stir in the peppermint and remove from heat.
- Allow the simple syrup and peppermint leaves to cool, preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Strain out the leaves, then pour into a clean glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
When it’s time for a glass of iced tea, stir in this Minty Simple Syrup to taste. And, for the perfect Kentucky Derby inspired mint julep, add it to Bourbon poured over crushed ice!
Recipe by Kathy BrothersSubmit a Recipe