Super Chai Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
Vegan muffins, packed with delicious healthy goodness! Based on a recipe originally found on lunchboxbunch.com, Taylor swapped in Arbor Teas Organic Masala Chai Black Tea to create a new, SUPER chai muffin!
Makes 12 small muffins
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp white flour, organic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp sugar, organic
- 1/3 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp vegetable oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (or any nuts)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen + thawed)
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed Organic Masala Chai Black Tea
- 1 tsp chia seeds + 1 tsp flax seeds (or just use one variety)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line or grease muffin cups.
- Boil 1/2 cup water. Steep 2-3 tsp Organic Masala Chai Black Tea in the water for 5 minutes. Strain out tea leaves. Then add the chia + flax seeds to the tea. Stir well and set aside for a few minutes.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the wet ingredients. Stir well - batter will be very thick at this point.
- Fold in the tea + seeds to loosen the batter.
- Fold in the berries and nuts.
- Pour batter in muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees for about 18-22 minutes - a bit longer if you use very frozen blueberries.
Recipe by Taylor Shaw, adapted from a recipe originally found on lunchboxbunch[dot]comSubmit a Recipe