The Tipsy Partridge
Inspired by the fanciful pear tree and its feathered friend in the classic carol, 12 Days of Christmas, this tasty drink crafted with our Organic Ginger Chili Tisane is a delightful blend of spicy and sweet!
- 2 oz blanco tequila
- 1 - 2 oz pear juice
- 8 oz water
- 4 tsp Organic Ginger Chili Tisane
- Splash of ginger beer
- Heat the water to boiling (212 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Steep the Organic Ginger Chili Tisane in 8 oz hot water for 5-7 minutes.
- Strain out the steeped tisane and allow the liquid Ginger Chili Tisane concentrate to cool.
- Once cooled, pour 2 oz of the Ginger Chili Tisane concentrate into a shaker filled with ice (can also be poured directly into a cocktail glass with ice).
- Add 2 oz of your favorite blanco tequila.
- Add 1-2 oz pear juice.
- Put the top on the shaker, shake, pour into your favorite cocktail glass and top with ginger beer (or simply stir the liquids in your glass and top with ginger beer).
For an even *fancier* version, warm up some honey with 1-2 fresh sage leaves. Remove the sage. Add a little less than half oz of the warmed honey to the shaker (the pear juice is fairly sweet so we recommend using only 1 oz of juice if adding honey), shake, top with ginger beer and garnish with the sage leaves.
Notes: This recipe will make extra Ginger Chili Tisane concentrate, which can be refrigerated for a few days for later use, or to make more than one drink. Make a mocktail by omitting the tequila.
Recipe by Arbor Teas staff.Submit a Recipe