Blue Moon Swirl No-Churn Ice Cream Recipe
Luscious lemony blue swirls are as beautiful as they are delicious -- with no artificial coloring! Adapted from The Food Network's No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream, this recipe makes two half batches of ice cream (one blue and one white) which are combined before freezing to create blue and white swirls.
Makes 6 cups (12 servings)
- 5 tsp Organic Butterfly Pea Lemongrass herbal tea
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Pinch fine salt
- Add the Organic Butterfly Pea Lemongrass to 1 cup heavy cream and steep overnight in the refrigerator. For stronger flavor and color, add tea to cream and heat gently (do not boil), then chill. Chill the remaining 1 cup heavy cream with no tea.
- Whisk together the condensed milk, vanilla and salt in bowl; divide mixture in half and place in separate bowls; set aside.
- Pour the blue-tinted chilled cream through a strainer to remove the tea. Press with the back of a spoon to extract full color and flavor.
- Whip the white and blue creams separately with a mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form, about 2 minutes each. Fold each whipped cream into one of the condensed milk mixtures with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Pour into the chilled metal pan, alternating layers of blue and white. Gently pass a butter knife (or other straight utensil) through the mixture until desired level of swirl is achieved.
- Freeze for about 5 hours, covered.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by Arbor Teas staff. Adapted from The Food Network's No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream.Submit a Recipe