Chaga Chicory Affogato
Affogato is an Italian coffee-based dessert that drowns gelato in coffee! Because our Organic Chaga Chicory delivers a robust coffee-like flavor, we thought it might make a great coffee substitute in this classic dessert. And we were right!
For a caffeine-free affogato alternative, simply steep a concentrate of our Organic Chaga Chicory and while it is still warm pour over the gelato, creating a delicious treat to savor at any time of day.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 tsp Organic Chaga Chicory
- 3 oz water
- 4 scoops vanilla gelato
- Heat the water to boiling (212 degrees Fahrenheit). Remove from heat and steep 2 teaspoons of Organic Chaga Chicory in the hot water for 7 minutes.
- Strain out the steeped Organic Chaga Chicory from the liquid brew.
- Put 2 scoops of vanilla gelato in 2 bowls.
- Pour half the brew over the vanilla gelato in each bowl.
Recipe by Arbor Teas Staff