Chaga Chicory Breakfast Smoothie
If you like the taste of coffee, but don’t want all the ups and downs that come with its caffeine, Organic Chaga Chicory is your new best friend! This easy blender drink delivers a coffee-like flavor, and is a filling fiber-rich morning breakfast that provides long-lasting energy on-the-go. Banana brings a touch of natural sweetness, and the Organic Chaga Chicory adds a prebiotic boost.
The chia seeds and rolled oats really help to thicken this drink! Don’t be surprised if it thickens considerably with time. If you prefer a thin smoothie, drink immediately. If you prefer a thick smoothie, let it rest for a few minutes before enjoying.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsps Organic Chaga Chicory
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp flax meal
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp hemp seed
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup preferred milk (we use almond milk)
- Heat the water to boiling (212 degrees Fahrenheit). Remove from heat and steep 2 teaspoons of Organic Chaga Chicory in hot water for 7 minutes.
- Strain out the steeped Organic Chaga Chicory from the liquid brew.
- Use the brew immediately for a warm drink or place in the refrigerator and chill for a cool drink.
- Add brew and remaining ingredients to the blender. Blend until smooth.
Recipe by Arbor Teas StaffSubmit a Recipe