Chocolate Chaga Latte
Among the Arbor Teas staff, we have a mutual understanding that chocolate makes everything better. Organic Chaga Chicory is one of our favorite blends around the office, but when someone mentioned adding chocolate to it - all bets were off. Could a standalone favorite really be improved upon? We had to test it. Since Chaga Chicory is similar to coffee, we imagined this like a caffeine-free mocha, and the results were good enough to share. This Chocolate Chaga Latte is a sweet treat anytime of the day, and easily adaptable to any preference. Pick a milk, a sweetener, and a powdered chocolate and get ready to be amazed.
Makes 1 large mug.
- 1 tsp Organic Chaga Chicory
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup preferred milk
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp maple syrup, or sweetener of choice. Add more if additional sweetness is desired.
- Whisk or milk frother
- Heat the water to boiling (212 degrees Fahrenheit). Remove from heat and steep 1 teaspoon of Organic Chaga Chicory in the hot water for 7 minutes.
- Strain tea into large mug, compost leftover Organic Chaga Chicory.
- Heat milk, either on the stovetop in a small pan or in the microwave until hot.
- Add cacao powder and sweetener to milk, use a whisk to blend or use a milk frother if you want frothy milk.
- Add milk mixture to Organic Chaga Chicory.
Recipe by Arbor Teas staff.Submit a Recipe