Golden Milk Latte
If I’m going to make a drink at home, it has to be delicious, serve a few purposes, and it has to be easy. This recipe for a golden milk latte has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory qualities from the turmeric and ginger, creaminess from coconut milk, natural sweetness, and healthy fats. Black pepper adds a kick and increases the bioavailability of the healthful properties in turmeric. It’s a hearty drink for in between meals, a warm start to a day and a sweet caffeine-free treat at night. Basically, it checks all the boxes.
The best part of this recipe? You’re using all of the tea! Instead of simply composting the leftover steeped tea, this recipe uses a blender to thicken the drink and intensify the flavors. Hello, it’s me, your new favorite drink.
Makes 1 large golden milk latte
- 1 cup brewed Organic Golden Ginger Turmeric, keep the steeped wet herbs for later use
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Coconut milk to top/taste
- Optional: pinch of cinnamon
- Pyrex glass or other easy to pour from brewing vessel (a cup or bowl works just fine, too)
- Kitchen sieve or infuser
- Take 1 tsp of Organic Golden Ginger Turmeric, place the tea directly into a pyrex or similar vessel that is easy to pour from. Pour 8oz hot water over top, (212℉ recommended).
- Let tea steep for about 5-7 minutes.
- Pour tea, including steeped tea pieces, into blender. Add coconut oil, maple syrup, and a pinch of black pepper.
- Blend all ingredients until frothy, and pieces appear quite small.
- Pour the blended liquid through a kitchen sieve, or infuser, into the mug of your choice
- Add coconut milk to taste, or to top-off the cup.
- Optional: Add a pinch of cinnamon.
- Stir and enjoy!
by Chelsea, with help from the very professional taste-testing Arbor Teas staff.
*Note: Turmeric stains! It is the nature of this botanical. The color can and will stain your counter tops and blender if not washed immediately. Make sure to wash and rinse your blender right away to avoid turmeric stains.Submit a Recipe