Hibiscus Chamoy Sauce Recipe
This easy recipe uses Organic Hibiscus to create a sweet, sour, and spicy sauce that hits all of our favorite flavor notes! Delicious drizzled on fresh fruit or cucumber slices, spread on cooked chicken and fish, or used as a dip for potato chips. So versatile, you’ll want to eat it with everything!
Vegan and gluten-free.
Makes 1 ½ cups.
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup Organic Hibiscus
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dried raisins
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 1 or 2 limes)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place water, hibiscus, apricots, raisins, and cayenne powder in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cover. Simmer gently until the dried fruit and hibiscus are softened, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Pour cooked fruit and hibiscus mixture into a blender (or use a hand-blender).
- Add sugar, lime juice, and salt to the mixture and blend on high until very smooth.
Recipe by Arbor Teas Staff adapted from Kate Ramos’s Easy Chamoy Sauce Recipe.Submit a Recipe