Masala Chai Chocolate Mousse Recipe
This delightfully spicy and deliciously rich dessert is a show stopper! Your guests will never guess how easy it is to make.
Makes 4 - 6 servings
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 Tbsp Organic Masala Chai Black Tea
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate bar or chips (we used chocolate chunks)
- 3 eggs
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Mix the half and half and Organic Masala Chai Black Tea in a medium saucepan and bring just to a boil. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Remove from heat and let the mixture infuse for 15 minutes.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- Strain the masala chai, half and half, and sugar mixture into a container with a pour spout. Using the back of a spoon, press out as much liquid as possible from the steeped masala chai.
- Wipe out the saucepan, pour back in the strained masala chai mixture and re-warm on low heat for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Pour the re-heated masala chai mixture in a blender, add chopped chocolate, and blend until chocolate is fully melted. Add one egg at a time and blend for 30 to 60 seconds to emulsify the mix.
- Pour ~1/3 of a cup into ramekins, or bowl.
- Chill the Masala Chai Chocolate Mousse overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!
Recipe by Arbor Teas Staff