Tahini Matcha Latte Recipe
A savory cafe-style treat, made even better at home! Stir some tahini into your next matcha latte for a delicious combination of nutty and earthy flavors. The creamy tahini perfectly complements the lightly bitter and rich vegetal taste of our Organic Matcha Cooking Grade Green Tea. Plus, a spoonful of honey and a dash of cinnamon bring in a touch of sweetness & spice!
Makes 1 serving.
- ½ tsp of Organic Matcha Green Tea Cooking Grade
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp of tahini
- Dash of salt (if your tahini doesn’t have it)
- 1 tsp honey / maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- ½ cup of preferred milk (we used oat milk)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Heat the water to 180 degrees (or just as bubbles begin to form on bottom of pot).
- Sift ½ teaspoon of Organic Cooking Grade Matcha into a matcha bowl, or a bowl with a flat base and high sides. If you are using a bamboo matcha scoop (chashaku), measure 2-4 almond sized scoops. You can, of course, put the matcha directly into your mug without sifting, but clumping may occur.
- Add about 1/3 cup of hot water to bowl.
- Whisk matcha into water until froth appears on top, either using a bamboo whisk, electric whisk, or small kitchen whisk.
- Stir in the tahini and add the dash of salt.
- Add the honey to your matcha bowl and stir.
- Heat your milk of choice, add in the cinnamon. Froth.
- Pour the frothed milk into your matcha bowl and enjoy!
* Boiling only the amount of water you need can make a big impact! Check out our eco-tips page for more eco-friendly brewing tips.
Recipe by Arbor Teas staff.Submit a Recipe