Posted by Arbor Teas on September 27, 2008
As many of you may know, October is Fair Trade Month. With another October fast approaching, we wanted to share a few ways that you can help promote Fair Trade in your community. Of course, we strongly encourage you to buy Fair Trade tea, but Fair Trade matters across a wide variety of products, including coffee, chocolate, vanilla, sugar, honey, fruit, rice and wine. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- > Learn more about Fair Trade and how it makes a difference.
- > Vote with your dollar - buy Fair Trade Certified goods wherever possible.
- > Ask retailers in your community to carry Fair Trade Certified products.
- > Introduce new audiences to Fair Trade Certified products - at home, at work, in school, on campus, at your place of worship, etc.
- > Give Fair Trade Certified products as gifts.
- > Get involved in Fair Trade - host a party, volunteer, donate, etc.
Knowing that Fair Trade helps improve the standard of living for millions across the globe makes Fair Trade Month an easy holiday to celebrate!